About

Monday, August 11, 2014

Declaration.


Asher accepted Christ about a week before a tornado changed our lives back in April. It was perfect timing, because when I had to tell him that we'd lost his best friend, I could assure him they'd be together again in heaven.

He started asking to be baptized soon after, but we wanted to make sure he REALLY understood. He was so devastated when he missed the last baptism, and I felt so sad to discourage him at all. But I had to know it was HIS decision, HIS declaration. I wasn't even sure today that we were going to let him. I wasn't sure if he was ready. But when I stepped in the water tonight thinking I'd just be photographing other peoples children declaring their love for Jesus, our children's pastor approached me and recounted the conversation they'd had this afternoon. He got it.

So last night, in the hands of his dad, his stepdad, and our beloved friend (his pastor), my precious Asher told the world that he has decided to follow Jesus. 

Thank you, God, for letting me keep him for eternity.









And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 18: 2-4

3 comments:

  1. Awesome.....and what a treasure these pictures are going to be for him! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful feeling as a mother to know your child will be with you for eternity.
    3 John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
    We have pictures of my younger brothers baptism. He was about ashers age in the pictures, they were such a beautiful reassurance and source of hope when he was called Home at 18.
    I pray for health, prosperity, future mates and happiness for my children but most of all I pray their names be written in the Book of Life. I'm so happy Ashers is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be attending my 6 yr. Old grandsons baptism next Sunday and like you all of us were concerned if Scott Really understood. His pastor assures us Scott gets it. His Dad, my son, has questioned him deep ply and says he feels confidant. .I say, "how can you tell a child he CANT accept Jesus right now"..I say, God will sort it out just like he did with me. So for this family we are rejoicing! Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete